GMV Home Page
Example of GMV output with a Barracuda CPFD calculation involving particle fluid flow.
The General Mesh Viewer
In memorial of Frank Ortega, the creator of GMV.
Welcome to the GMV Home Page -- The source for GMV software and
information! GMV is an easy to use, 3-D scientific visualization tool
designed to view simulation data from any type of structured or unstructured mesh.
The following links will aide you in your search for
GMV related information:
- What is GMV?
- GMV Version 4.5 is available for the following architectures:
Note: Distribution of binary files is now exclusively through CPFD Software, LLC.
GMV is no longer available for free and is now commercialized. See next section for How to get GMV.
- Versions Available for Purchase
- GMV Batch Version and BATCHMOVIE script for Linux
- How to get GMV:
Please contact CPFD Software by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out a form with some basic information about yourself and
your company, as well as which version(s) of GMV you wish to receive, and how many licenses of each.
You may also send an email containing all requested information, in lieu of filling out the form.
- GMV Documentation:
- GMV version changes
- View GMV Users Manual (pdf)
- Download the
color postscript users manual.
- Questions, comments, concerns?
- Email: email@example.com
- GMV Utilities:
- Making time sequence GMV movies.
- A movie player that reads SGI "rgb" format
- Handy GMV i/o utilities
- Some animations to view:
- An atom thing
- Etching process
- A dodecahedron
- An mpeg movie
- An mpeg movie made by FEATFLOW
- Another mpeg movie made by FEATFLOW
- An mpeg movie made by TELLURIDE
- An QuickTime movie made by TELLURIDE
- Energy field movie made by Fred
- Planet core formation made by Ruth Ziethe, ETH Zuerich and University of Berne
- CPFD Software home page - CPFD® makes the only engineering software developed exclusively for industrial particulate fluidization systems.
- Arena-flow home page - Arena-flow® is CAE Sand Core Engineering Technology.
- Mesa home page
- Contact info:
- CPFD Software, LLC
10899 Montgomery NE, Suite A
Albuquerque, NM 87111
Many thanks go to Frank Ortega for his creation and maintenance of GMV over the years.
© 2012 CPFD Software, LLC. All rights reserved. All software is provided "AS IS", without warranty of any kind.